A fundamentally different way to care

On a hot July night a group of visionaries got together to discuss the disconnect between “health” and “care” and how, with focused energy and a desire to change things for the better, the sometimes disparate worlds of prevention, health promotion and the rehabilitative therapies could come together to serve the greater good in ways not currently seen. Professionals from nearly every region of the United States met that night and as the conversation came to a close it was clear, the need is both present and urgent….and so the APHPT was conceived.  We hope you will join us in the conversation and learn the skills required to successfully implement prevention and health promotion in your practice…..and fundamentally change the way you care.


What works?

CDCSlide

The CDC has made significant strides in outlining the four key focal areas when it comes to changing health at the societal level. Socioeconomic factors, physical environment, health behaviors and clinical care must ALL be coordinated if success is to be achieved. It is incredibly important to recognize that ONLY 20% of the impact will come from clinical care, and therefore the remaining 80% MUST be addressed.

To that end, in the near term, the APHPT will develop and publish a plan of action that addresses all four areas. If you feel that you are ready to embrace a fundamentally new way to care, we urge you to step up, become an APHPT contributor and help bring “health” and “care” back together.

3 thoughts on “A fundamentally different way to care”

  1. Excited about the potential of this academy! Will this be a resource for community health programming as well as the development of skilled programs specifically geared to impacting the prevention or management of Diabetes, HTN, Osteoporosis etc.? I have a specific interest in these topics!

    Sarah Greenhagen, DPT, GCS

  2. Ideal timing for a movement like this! Thank you for pulling us upstream by educating us on the solutions we are well suited to deliver on a large scale to purchasers and institutions that truly understand the cost of health care.

Leave a Reply