What: The 5 Elements
When: The 4th Wednesday of each month at 9:00pm ET
- March 28, 2018: #MOVE
- April 25, 2018: #FUEL
- May 23, 2018: #RECOVER
- June 27, 2018: #ENDURE
- July 25, 2018: #CONNECT
Where: Twitter, #PopHLTHchat
Get ready for a series of 5 upcoming #PopHLTHchats discussing the APHPT’s 5 key elements to health and well-being:
- #MOVE: how much physical activity are you getting throughout the day; how much are you moving?
- #FUEL: what sorts of foods are you consuming; what nutrient sources are you providing your body with?
- #RECOVER: are you getting enough rest and recovery time and is it quality time to allow your body to heal?
- #ENDURE: how well are you able to handle the stresses of life and how are you dealing with conflict?
- #CONNECT: what does the support system around you look like and do you have meaningful relationships in your life?
At the APHPT, we believe these 5 elements are the foundation to health. We truly believe, and the science supports, that if one is more cognizant of these elements and has some strategies to address them, then a stronger, happier person is to follow. We hope this Elements Series will help spread this message and foster meaningful conversation with actionable solutions so we can all take steps to improve ourselves and better serve our communities.
As usual, each chat will last 1 hour and will be moderated by the APHPT twitter account (@TheAPHPT). There will be 4 questions presented throughout the hour, and you will have the chance to respond and connect with others engaged in the chat. Following the duration of the chat, we encourage you to continue using #PopHLTHchat to stay connected and link related content and thoughts. The #PopHLTHchat is meant to spark conversation, facilitate idea-sharing, and get us all thinking more broadly and practically about what it means to be a prevention and health promotion provider. We look forward to engaging with you all soon.